Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bachelor no more...

We had dinner with my good friend Ronald Y. the last night. He and his fiance came over and we invited them to stay for dinner. Afterwards, we went to his new home he purchased in South Jordan. It is a beautiful home and reinforced in my mind that I chose the wrong profession. :)

They had also come over to file a formal complaint with my wife. Apparently a woman that used to date him is convinced that God told her she was supposed to marry him. She keeps harassing him, sends texts, begs to have him come over alone and give her a blessing, etc. His fiance's tires were slashed at work the other day and they thought that she might have had something to do with it. Also, someone followed them to their new house from work the other day. They got the license number, and chased the kid down and got his name, but that was weird to them. So, after my wife had opened up a case for telephone harrassment, the texts started coming. They texted scriptures about how the persecuted will end up in heaven and how conflict is of the devil. Ironic, given that she is the one sending the nasty texts and messages. Ron doesn't even call back or text back. So, after the third text, my wife called back and this ex-girlfriend answers the phone, said the phone belonged to Andrew, and said she didn't think he would text things like that. As she was telling us Andrew's last name, he made her hang up the phone. My wife called him back to discuss the telephone harrassment and to ask him him to stop so that charges would not have to be filed. He became very belligerant, condescending, defensive, and said he would not talk further unless he had "legal council present." I can't believe that 30-something-year-old individuals would be so immature...I hope they stop calling and harrassing Ron and his fiance.

Oh, and his fiance is from where my parents currently live and she knows lightning strikes...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee Ice Hole said...

I doubt you chose the wrong profession---you have only been working at it for about a year---all of the other time you have been going to school and working on your papers and such---anyway if you chose the wrong profession you chose it and can choose to go another way---just remember that it took me 38 years to get where we are---and that is a hell of a long time.

4/15/2008 3:32 PM  
Blogger Delirious said...

Wow...some people need to get a grip on reality.

As far as your profession is concerned, I guess it all depends in what you want out of life. If money is your main concern, then that is one thing, but if doing something meaningful or that you enjoy is important, then it doesn't matter how much money you make. My husband could have stayed in China and been making much more money than we do now. At times it is difficult to get by financially, but we chose this life style for our children. Money is nice, but there are other aspects to think about.

4/16/2008 8:50 AM  
Blogger Inklings said...

You have me curious about his fiancee...e-mail me who it is. :0)

4/18/2008 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home