Sunday, May 14, 2006

Memories of Mom...

NativeMinnow's Blog was really good re: our mother. I thought I would add a few of my memories.
  • Ditto on all the things he said about Mom that involved me...
  • Thanks for buying us the cool flash light ray guns in Trout Creek, MT
  • Thanks for yelling at the Hertel boys when they would push us in the mud puddles and ride their bikes over the top of us.
  • Thanks, not only for home-cooked meals every night, but home-cooked lunches every day during high-school...not to mention hand-delivered meals when I would work at the Conoco
  • Thanks for not getting mad at us when we dug up the sandbox in the Forest Service House in Phillipsburg...we ruined all the sand, but had a fun foxhole/mine to play in.
  • Thanks for buying us BB guns when we were 8...Several of us could be trusted at that age (NM and I)...we had fun shooting dandelions, pine cones out of trees, etc.
  • Thanks for going without a new coat for approximately 10 years so that your kids could have new coats.
  • Thanks for saying, "You know what's right, so you decide..." when we would ask for permission to do things we knew we probably shouldn't.
  • Thanks for paying for my car insurance my freshman and Junior year of college when I didn't have the money...
  • Thanks for baby-sitting so I was able to serve a mission...
  • Thanks for the great Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners every year...She cooks it all by herself and never seems to complain.
  • Thanks for getting rid of the TV when I was age 4-6...It helped us become better readers and more creative in our play and games.
  • Thanks for believing our lie that Derek had thrown his belt at us and broken his window so that he got spanked rather than us. :)
  • Thanks for watching our kids when we went to FL for interviews.

I am sure I could think of a million more...but I actually need to call my mom and sisters and wish them a happy mother's day.

Funny card I saw yesterday

Front: Mom, when I think of the millions of things that you used to do for me when I was growing up...

Inside: I wonder, "What did Dad do?" :)

I thought it was funny...Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Love, Me

1 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

Copy Cat!!!

;-)

5/15/2006 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home