Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mottos to parent by...

We were discussing difficult parenting situations at work and how we reacted poorly or in funny ways. The nurse said, "My motto was always, 'I won't let him get the best of me.'" The secretary said, "I always tell my kids that I will never be afraid of them, but I would rather they are afraid of me" implying that if it takes fear to get them to live good lives she would rather they not love her, but fear her to accomplish that end result. I think my unrealistic parenting motto has something to do with "You will show respect for others, be honest, and responsible at all times, or receive consequences for it."

What motto do you parent by?

3 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

cause I'm the Dad, that's why!

Just kidding. I actually don't know what my motto would be. I'll think about it some and let you know if I come up with anything interesting.

4/27/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I think I need to take Alpha's advice and try some of that... :)

4/29/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

I am lucky to have found a wonderful man to love my children from a previous marriage...now if I can just keep them from scaring him away!! :) Sorry you are having a rough time.

5/02/2006 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home