Monday, January 30, 2006

Inpatient Psychiatric Unit...

Photo For You Ebay Store
I just started working on an inpatient psychiatric unit where I will spend every morning for the next two months. My duties will include psychological testing, and running a psychoeducational group. I am looking forward to the psych testing, but my first experience with group made it seem like an exercise in futility. about 70% of the people are so mentally ill, that they yell things like, "I want to change! Death to homesexuality and Satanism!!!" and "Where is that good-looking man? Oh, there he is!" (to the 300+ pound man that is my supervisor). :) More than half of the patients got up and left, many of which wadded up their handout and tossed it in the trash on the way. Plus, they are so mentally ill and psychotic that you can't even hold them responsible for their rude behavior. They aren't really aware of what they are doing. Anyhow, that will be my life for the next 59 days. Wish me luck!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home