Saturday, January 28, 2006

Redneck California

Photo For You Ebay Store

I realized something today when I drove up to Visalia, CA and back through the rural areas of the Central Valley--California has more rednecks and white trash than Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada combined. I mean, California is one of the most populous states. I never used to think that California was this way. It always seemed like a liberal, sophisticated state. Well, living in the Central Valley has taught me otherwise. No longer will I put up with Californians making jokes about "redneck Utah." Most places around here are just as bad, or worse. :) In fact, I think the only place that people aren't rednecks in California is along the coastline, but if you travel 20 miles inland, almost everyone is a redneck. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

There is no freaking way that there are more rednecks than Wyoming. At least not per capita.

1/29/2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I didn't say per capita...although in some of these towns I think it might have more per capita...You are under the same delusion I was about CA. :)

1/30/2006 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home