Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When the law changes...

I just found out today, that the law in Utah recently changed (at least I think it did). Those with a Ph.D. in psychology can now count their predoctoral practicum/internship hours toward the 4,000 required for licensure. I had about 3500 during my first five years of graduate school, 2000 on internship, and 2000 that I just about finished up that are post-doctoral hours. It would have been nice to be able to skip the last year of residency and just take the test and become a psychologist....Oh well, it has been a good experience...

Now I need to apply for licensure, take the EPPP national licensing exam, and I am home free... :)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

woohoo!!

5/21/2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Congratulations! It will be nice to finally be finished. *L*

5/21/2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Congratulations! It will be nice to finally be finished. *L*

5/21/2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Dee Ice Hole said...

Sorry to disappoint you in your illusion but there is no such thing as HOME FREE.

Congratulatiuons on being able to go forward---hope it all works out.

5/22/2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

You're kidding me! I wish I was practicing there. I have 3500 hours right now, without the post-doc year. Sooooks that I'm in CO.

5/22/2008 10:06 AM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

Reminds me of when BYU wouldn't let me graduate with 120 credits even though I'd fulfilled all my GE, all my upper division requirements and the requirements for my major. They said I needed 128. So, I missed the deadline for grad school, took another year's worth of classes (some of which transferred to my master's degree, some of which were the ones I needed to pick up two minors) only to have them change the minimum credit requirement for graduation to 120 the year I did graduate. Bastards!

5/22/2008 11:08 AM  
Blogger Magic Marker said...

Good luck on your licensing exam! I can't believe how fast time has gone since you started but also how long it's been!

5/23/2008 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home