Thursday, February 16, 2006

Shark Tooth Hunting

Today after work, I drove about 15 minutes to find a place someone told me you can dig up fossil shark teeth. I found the spot okay, and began looking around. There are several "digs" in the hillside where people have been digging in the hard powdery gray dirt. I think it is clay, but dry as a bone. I was digging and getting dust all over myself. On my way home, my throat felt a little dry, and my lungs felt somewhat heavy. That is when I remembered that if you are going to dig in the dirt around here, you need to wear a mask so you don't inhale the spores that infect you with "Valley Fever." Great...I will probably get that horrible fungal infection, be flat on my back for 2-3 weeks, and go bankrupt. All because I was excited to find stupid shark teeth. However, now that I know where the place is, I think I will go back sometime soon...maybe Saturday because it is supposed to rain, and I was told that is the best time to look because the rain exposes new teeth. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

If you make a good haul I want some.

2/17/2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

I hope you don't get Valley Fever, that would be so awful!! Please, get a mask before Saturday, and don't take the kids with you!! :)

2/17/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

We are about 3.5 to 4 hours from San Francisco. :( I doubt you would be able to come down this way, but if you can, that would be cool.

Also, Uncle Lloyd or Lyle or Jody, or maybe it was Great Grandma Huntington, told me about Ghost Beads...I didn't make that term up. :)

2/18/2006 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home