Thursday, February 09, 2006

Homeland Security at Costco

I went to Costco today and I was in a hurry to pick up some 8X10 photos I had just sold. As I entered, I was having a hard time getting my card out, so I just walked in still trying to get it out. The official "card checker" at the door shouted really loudly, "EXCUSE ME...YOUR CARD!!!" I had gotten the card out by then and lifted it up so she could see it. The card checkers at Sams Club don't freak out like that if you just walk in. It's not like there are state secrets being held in Costco, or any terrorist targets in the vicinity. I found it very strange that she was so agitated that I walked in without flashing the card. I guess she takes her job very seriously...I mean if people without Costco cards got in, they could get an entire load of groceries, go to check out, and be told they could not purchase the groceries. That is a very serious issue. (actually, Costco was probably employing 5 re-stockers before realizing it would be cheaper to hire one card checker.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

Wait, you're complaining about this after yesterday's post? Let me refresh your memory:

"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.-- Samuel Butler (1835-1902) English Writer"

Couldn't you also add Costco card checker to that list?

2/10/2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

Yes...and the picture of herself is a raving, psycho, overly stressed loser. :) JK Good point.

2/10/2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home