Thursday, February 16, 2006

Origin of the word Blog...

Shooting Star...did you know that Blog is a portmanteau for "Web Log" or "We Blog?" I was discussing blogs today in my anxiety group to illustrate how blogs give us something to talk about in conversations, and they help us to look for interesting tidbits of our lives that can be shared with others. One client asked what Blog means, so I looked it up. check out the link and see for yourself.

The Blog, A Portmanteau Word* Blending “Web Log” as “We Blog”.

http://www.wordsources.info/words-mod-blogPt1.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

I already knew that - but didn't think about it when Shooting Star asked for more examples.

2/17/2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger ShootingStar said...

Why yes I did know that as well. I actually meant to put it in my blog, but I always worry that my blogs have this "teacher" tone to them and I was worried pointing out blog would sound lame. :)

2/18/2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home