Saturday, June 24, 2006

Locked in Jail

Yesterday I went to the jail to do a competency evaluation and placement recommendations on an inmate with documented schizophrenia. I was in a rush because I had to get to the jail, do the evaluation and be back within 90 minutes, which is pushing it. I got in the jail fine, and through clearance with no problems. Then I went to the F-Pod and the door was shut. I pushed on it and if felt as though it was locked with an electronic lock. I sat there for 10 minutes and started getting irritated that the control room wasn't doing anything. I walked back down to the speaker to the control room and pushed the button...no response. I found another box, pushed the button, no response. I went back down and leaned against the door pushing on the push bar that opens it. it still wouldn' t open. I had heard that the jail personnel can be jerks at times, so I started getting upset. Finally after another 5 minutes, I went out to the front and informed the lady that the door was locked and the control room operators wouldn't open it. She said, "Oh, it sticks...you just have to push really hard." I went back down, hit the door, and remarkably it opened. I bet the guys in the control room did think it was funny that I was sitting there, but it wasn't their fault. :) I had to smile at the situation...

1 Comments:

Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I am not sure that the speaker worked on the unit with the button...Anyhow, I thought it was funny that I had imagined this huge conspiracy in my mind and was getting upset about it...

6/25/2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home