Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blasted Dissertation Chair Changing his Mind and Rendering my Efforts of Yesterday Nil

For all you academicians out there...I need help on how to format my correlation table for my dissertation. It needs to be in APA format which requires that it be in size 12 font. Well, my chair has now decided, after my several hours of work yesterday, that I need to add the individual subscale totals into the correlation table which will require 44 columns. How the heck am I supposed to fit that onto one page? So, my question is, should I just make 5 or 6 portrait correlation tables instead of trying to make a landscape one with size 2 font. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

You don't worry about fitting onto one page. Just do it landscape format, using the regular font (I'm guessing 12 is the standard format for a dissertation? I don't remember) and let it spill over onto as many pages as it needs. That's the way all my friends did it. Of course, ours may have been MLA format. So I guess I really haven't been all that much help.

6/14/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I don't get how to get it to fit on the various pages...Do I create the table in SPSS, save it as Excel, then cut and paste as many columns as will fit onto one page, then do the same for the next page, etc.? I think I have to use portrait, because I don't think I can fit 44 rows on a landscape formatted page...I am pretty sure I can fit 44 rows on a portrait formatted page though. I guess I am just confused at how fragmented the table can be and still be easy to absorb information from...

6/14/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I also know that 44 columns won't fit on a landscape page either...It is a huge correlation matrix and it bugs me that I am too stupid to figure out how to format it into my paper...

6/14/2006 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home