Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Moving Time

This week has been too much fun...we moved the kids back to Utah to be with my wife for the last 2 months of my internship. I lucked out on loading the truck, as I had training on Friday that I couldn't miss. We had loaded about 1/3 of the truck on Thursday night and were planning on loading the rest on Friday night and Saturday morning. Luckily, Melissa decided she wanted to leave Friday night and by the time I got home from training, she, the kids, K***** boyfriend and his dad had the truck completely loaded. I felt a bit guilty that I hadn't been able to fulfill my familial responsibility, but relieved that I didn't have to do all that back-breaking work. :)

I had a wedding reception to go to on Saturday, so I didn't leave until Saturday night at 9PM. K****** was with me. I hate driving big trucks at night when I am incredibly sleepy. I had to pull over about 4 times to take cat naps. It took us 15 hours to get home. When we arrived in Highland at 1PM the next day, the Elders Quorum from our ward left priesthood early to help us unload the truck. It only took 40 minutes and they put most of the furniture in the rooms in which they belonged. That was a huge help.

We have spent the last 2 days trying to unpack. What a pain. However, I got out of most of that too because I am at BYU right now putting the finishing touches on my dissertation. I have been doing descriptive statistics, frequencies, and correlation tables all day. I am currently writing up the description of the correlation table and I think I will be ready for my meeting with my chair tomorrow at 3. If all goes well, I might just pull of my oral defense by 7/9 and graduate in August. If things don't go well, my graduation will be delayed until December. Let's hope and pray for the prior.

On another note, it is nice to be back together as a family in our own home. It is nice to have someone to share a bed with again, and someone with whom to co-parent the children. I have become pretty jaded with the older kids this year with their limit-pushing, disrespect, rule-breaking, dishonesty, sneaking, bickering, etc. I will enjoy my 6 week break when I go back to California.

2 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

Sounds to me like you got the best end of the deal. I had one move that was like that, I left for work in the morning, then class, and by the time I got home everything was done but the unpacking. That's the way to go, unless of course you want to pay movers.

Good luck getting everything done. Hopefully you'll be able to defend soon.

6/14/2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger ShootingStar said...

Hey I hope your time alone goes well. After chaos, I think there is nothing better than being alone.

6/14/2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home