Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Negative Blogs...

I was reading through some comments left by old friends on my past blogs...One particular comment got me thinking, so I reviewed all of my blogs. I realized that I usually blog about something I am upset about, so my blog has become a mirror of my negative/angry self. I am living in California as a single dad (my wife is still working back home) with 6 kids and it can get stressful and overwhelming a lot. I don't have friends out here to vent to, being on Pacific Standard/Daylight Time makes it hard to call friends/family after 9PM (free minutes), and I usually get irritated/resentful when discussing these particular things with my wife...so, I blog... I should probably have an anonymous blog where I post my problems and keep this one more entertaining for family and friends to peruse...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

My comments were probably not fair given your situation. I hope I didn't offend.

Hope you are well. I think often of the good ole days back on 7th east...

4/05/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger flieswithoutwings said...

Maybe I'm a scrooge, but I don't think of your posts as negative. I think of them as life. At the very least, we can all laugh a little at the bad parts here. Then things don't seem as bad.

4/05/2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

I agree with 'flieswithoutwings.' Negativity is part of life anyway - and, if nothing else, blogging is a good way to vent. Plus we get to keep up on what you're thinking ;-)

4/06/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Your blogs may be negative sometimes, but they are a way to vent and get stuff off your chest. Sometimes you need to vent about a situation to get over it. Everyone has hard times and everyone understands, just don't forget to blog about the funny stuff, too! :) My husband was telling me about his friend with the "perfect marriage" and never fought. One day he asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she replied, "a divorce." To which he replied, "Hmm, I wasn't planning on spending that much." (I wonder why it didn't last.)

4/06/2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Oops, I forgot my ***L*** :)

4/06/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

That was a classic response...He must think quickly on his feet...Did she get her divorce?

4/07/2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Yes, they got divorced...

4/26/2006 6:34 AM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

Honey, I am sooo sorry. As you can see, it has been almost a month since I have been able to read blogs or email. I am really not partying it up...I have 50 hours of overtime. But, help is on the way, and you will get two well-deserved months to yourself. I know you will be working on the dissertation, but you can have some peace and quiet to do it with. I appreciate all you are doing, and the sacrifices you are making for our family. It will get better, and be worth it in the end. I hope some day you can look back on it and laugh.

5/02/2006 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home