Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mother-In-Law Has Been Pleasant

Well, my mother-in-law has been very pleasant this trip...granted, I haven't been home much as I have worked 9 hours of overtime since she arrived, but it has been a good visit with no blow-ups. Plus, after just 4 days of watching the kids, the novelty has worn off and some of them are being kind of bratty to her now. :( She sees more of the annoyances that I have to deal with daily, and maybe understands why I am crabby with them at times. :) She hasn't nutted up on anyone yet though, but maybe if she spent 6 years dealing with their problem behaviors, she might.

4 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

That's good that things have been better this time. Is she still around or did she go back?

2/04/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

She's still here...Like I said, it has been nice to have her here this time.
Ryan

2/05/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger ShootingStar said...

I'd like a detailed explanation of what exactly "nutted up" would look like

2/06/2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

Nutted up is a term that my wife and her colleagues use (as well as many people in Bakersfield) to refer to "going nuts" and letting someone have it...I think with my mother-in-law it would look like crying hysterically, screaming at the top of her lungs, and accusing me of ruining the kids. :)

Actually, she was really pleasant this trip and I think if she keeps this up, I might even start to like her. :)

2/06/2006 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home