Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ecologically Irresponsible...

So, one of the office staff was complaining about being broke because she only works part-time and has a child to support. One of the therapists complained that he was broke because he has 2 children in college. I complained that I was broke because I had to support 6 kids. The therapist blurted out, "Six kids!? That is ecologically irresponsible!!" What a jerk...I understand his point, but why would you say that to someone? It is too late to do anything about them, or would he like me to "terminate" 4 of them so we could have zero population growth? I seriously don't get why people feel the need to blurt out their opinions to other people all the time...Then, when he found out 4 were adopted and only 2 were biologically mine, he made some comment about how "in that case" he was okay with me...what a lame-o...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee Ice Hole said...

TELL HIM TO EAT SHIT AND DIE FOR ME!!!!

6/17/2009 3:52 PM  
Blogger Delirious said...

There is current research showing that many countries are in trouble because of zero population growth. Tell them that you are just making up for all of the gay couples that won't have kids, and all of the others who put careers over having children. :P

6/17/2009 3:56 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Delirious makes a good point. :) lol

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum...everyone thinks I need to go to Africa and adopt orphans. You know, do my part. lol jk (But I really have had people suggest that)

6/17/2009 5:55 PM  
Blogger RebeckerOnline said...

Well, you have six additional helpers to work part-time and contribute to society which sounds ecologically responsible to me (or breaking child labor laws depending upon their age).

6/17/2009 9:12 PM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

You should've just said that everyone in America is ecologically irresponsible based on our rampant consumerism.

6/17/2009 10:52 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

good grief! You can tell him you're making up for my share! What a jerk! I hope you gave him a dirty look! And I'd be on the lookout for the next time he makes an ecological mistake, like not recycling, and just nicely point it out hehehe but I'm passive aggressive like that ;>

6/18/2009 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home