Saturday, March 24, 2007

NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did a service project with the recovering drug addicts today at the State Hospital. We had to remove wallpaper from a historical site, rake leaves, and tear out old shrubs. The chaplain there had told us he would get us drinks from the Cantina and Pizza. One client worked well the first 90 minutes, but when we went to a new location to work, was complaining. He stayed in the van and took a nap. I was going to give him a violation/demerit, but instead concocted a plan that we would not awaken him when the pizza arrived. The pizza came and we downed it as fast as we could. Some of the other clients were being spiteful and stuffing themselves to the extreme so there wouldn't be any left. Just as another client and I were finishing the last 2 pieces, he came out of the van and came over to get some pizza. There wasn't any left. We offered him the last halves of our pieces, but he refused. We told him, "Do half the work, get a half a piece of pizza." ;) I actually felt bad that we didn't save him one piece, but I bet next time he works the entire time. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like something you'd do...

3/26/2007 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It WAS something I did...that is why I am blogging about it...

3/26/2007 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home