Thursday, March 22, 2007

daughter no go to bed

Lately, my almost 3-year-old daughter has trouble going to bed at night. She has suddenly become terrified of the dark. I am sure it has nothing to do with me telling her that if she gets out of bed one more time, the monster in the closet will bite all of her toes off and feed them to the dogs. She has recently become terrified of dogs as well. We are thinking about taking her to a therapist to help her work through these fears....actually, I am just kidding about everything but the not going to bed and scared of the dark parts. We put her to bed around 9PM and she will play in her room, play with dolls in her bed, come give us multiple hugs and kisses good night, ask for more milk, ask to watch a movie, tell us she needs a stuffed animal that is probably at the very bottom of her toy box, etc. Sometimes around 11PM I try to turn off the hall light to save electricity, and I always hear a "Hey! Turn on the light!" Sometimes, when I am really fed up with it, I turn off the hall light and shut her door so she cannot see to play. She cries, but once I leave, she pushes her rocking chair out into the hallway, or takes her dollhouse out there, and stands on it to turn the light back on. Sometimes she has an excuse, like a late nap. However, most of the time she just likes to stay up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

My father in law joked and told my kids he is a real werewolf. One night when my 3rd son was 5, he spent the night over there. He couldn't sleep all night because there was a full moon and he was sure his grandpa would begin his tranformation. Then a few weeks later his kindergarten teacher approached me and said she was worried about him because he seemed so tired and didn't look good. Come to find out he couldn't sleep at nights because he was afraid of the dark and werewolves. Not sure why he never told me, or never cried out. :S

3/23/2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger Twist said...

We had the same problem after we moved to our first new house. Our daughter was scared of her room. We hadn't done it yet so decided this was a good time to dedicate our house and we did it in her room with all three of us kneeling in there. The dedication included a phrase about no evil in our house and being protected. She was not scared again after that.

3/23/2007 5:24 PM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

She just needs beaten!! LOL, just kidding. I think she gets scared of monsters from watch scooby doo. And, YOU once told a kid about these HUGE spiders in our backyard (because her parent's didn't want her to go out there) and she had problems sleeping for a while.

3/23/2007 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home