Sunday, February 25, 2007

Chance meeting...

Last night at the reception, we ran into an old friend and her husband that we had lost contact with when I moved to California back in 2005. It was neat to see her, and great luck, as it had been so long, I don't think we could even remember her last name to look her up in the phone book. My wife and I just assumed we would never see her or her husband again. She used to be the receptionist for our pediatrician, but the pediatrician's wife made him fire her...apparently because she felt threatened by her good looks or something. I guess his practice has been struggling since she and the other cool receptionist quit. There really is something about treating your help well...good help can make or break a practice. We really liked her because she kept us stocked up on samples of Nutramagen...that stuff is expensive and she saved us a lot of money. I guess we were about the only people that came to their practice that used this formula. I found out later that there is a red-hot market for Nutramegen on Ebay...people sell half-full cans, etc. I don't think I would want to buy it from strangers, especially when it was partly used, but I guess some people do...Gotta wonder about those kinds of people. Anyhow, looking forward to hanging out with these friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home