Monday, February 12, 2007

Crabby Patties...

Every night I tell 2 stories before she goes to sleep. Lately, she has wanted scary witch stories every night. For the past 3 nights in a row, she has been waking up crying several times a night with nightmares. She went to nursery on Sunday and informed the leaders that there is a witch in her room. I have decided not to tell anymore scary witch stories, although I have told some nice witch stories.

Tonight, I did something different. I told her a story about Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star not being able to afford Crabby Patties at the Krusty Krab. Then 2 showed up with money and bought some for them. About 15 minutes later, I heard 2 in my bathroom. She had a handful of Q-tips and was dipping them in her ear and throwing them in the garbage. I asked her, "What are you doing?!" She replied, "I'm getting the Crabby Patties out of my ears." I explained to her that she didn't have Crabby Patties in her ears, cleaned the remaining wax out, and put her back in bed. Her mom called just as I was putting her back to bed, so 2 talked to her. Her mom told her that she was silly and that she didn't have Crabby Patties in her ears. She responded matter of factly, "I just had to make sure I didn't have Crabby Patties in my ears."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She told me at Grandma's house that she has a witch in her room that messes everything up. It's not her. It's the witch. She has seen the witch, and she does bad things. I thought it was her way of getting out of the responsibility of messing up her room, but I guess it's because her Dad tells her horrifying stories. :) Kind of like when her sister was older and I went to their house and you were letting her watch this creepy, creepy cartoon that was making me sick...and I said, Doesn't she ever get nightmares??
:)

2/12/2007 10:22 PM  
Blogger Delirious said...

When my second oldest son was little, his grandpa used to tell him that he was a werewolf. My husband's Dad is very hairy, so it seemed possible to my kids. One night my son spent the night there. He lay awake all night because he was too afraid to sleep because there was a full moon. This continued, unbeknownst to me, until his teacher told me he looked really tired every day and she was worried about him. Come to find out, he was laying awake at nights in the dark afraid. I started turning on the closet light, and he didn't have any more problems. Not sure why he never told me he was afraid.

2/13/2007 6:53 AM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

LOL, I love kid stories, too cute!! I love how articulate 2 is, it makes it even more cute!!

2/14/2007 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home