Sunday, December 26, 2010

You are what they perceive...

I had an interesting experience at church today. I taught the 14-15 year old boys in Sunday School. I had them introduce themselves and then introduced myself.

One of the boys said, "Oh yeah, you are that really good basketball player."

I said, "What?"

He said, "You're that really good basketball player that plays on Tuesdays."

I laughed and said, "I'm not sure I'd say that, but I do like to play a lot."

It was interesting that because he consistently sees me playing on Tuesday nights that he has somehow equated that with me being a really good player (which I'm not).

It got me thinking that kids are impressionable and they form impressions based on what they see you doing. Just a reminder that we should "go about doing good" (see Acts 10:38).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

I think people also believe what we tell them. I know people who are always telling other people how good that are at this or that, and then I hear those people echoing that to others. In reality, no one really knows if they really are good at that thing, but because they told them they are, they believe it.

12/26/2010 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home