Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gallows Humor...

One of my friends was worried because someone at her husband's work was diagnosed with Swine Flu and her husband had a cough for 2 weeks that would not respond to antibiotics. She was fretting on Facebook about it and the possibility that she and her children might catch Swine Flu. Several people commented to assuage her fears, but several other people were feeding into it and probably making her more worried. I thought I would make an attempt at gallows humor to lighten the mood and posted:

"Swine flu isn't that dangerous. Statistics show that only one of your children is likely to die.


JK

:)"

One of her friends wrote in response, "That's not funny! No one is laughing!"

Her name was **** Bacon.

I wanted to write, "I wouldn't be laughing about Swine Flu either if my last name was Bacon."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

LOL

Actually, a little boy of a friend of mine in Florida contracted Swine Flu. But like most of the people who got it, he was fine.

7/30/2009 10:15 PM  
Blogger Inklings said...

I know some people who got swine flu, and they have recovered just fine.

7/31/2009 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home