Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Songwriting...

so, I dropped by Michael's house last night before dinner. He and Hannah were busy helping kids with homework and the peer parent was there watching and helping with things. I think I need a peer parent to get me on top of my kids' homework more...

Misty and Christopher were singing pretend lullabies to Tyler. I told them we should make up a new lullaby to sing. Here is what we came up with:

"Rock-a-bye Baby in the tree top"
When the wind blows you'll drop like a rock.
When you hit the ground you'll splat like a bug.
Oh poor little baby, we'll sure miss your mug."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

You could always sing the song I would sing after I had tried and tried to get one of my kids to go to sleep and was at the end of my rope:

Go to sleep, little creep
Before I slap you to sleep....

You get the idea.

Aren't I awful?

2/11/2009 3:58 AM  
Blogger Inklings said...

Michael's 2 littlest ones begged me to sing Nene's song every night. I added some verses:
Go to bed, lay down your head, before I smack you in the head

Go to sleep, go to sleep, so I won't have to be a creep

go to sleep, don't cry
or I'll have to black your eye

They giggled all through it. I thik I had some more, but can't think. So yeah, I liked your lullaby. :0)

2/11/2009 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty and Christopher liked it too...

2/11/2009 1:29 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

I'm glad you went to see them. They probably needed that. I need to go visit them next time I'm down that way.

2/11/2009 7:13 PM  
Blogger Lightning Strikes said...

I loved Nene's lullaby lol I sing it sometimes and my friends laugh! Especially my roommate! We get goofy sometimes. But I like the lullaby you came up with too!!

2/11/2009 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home