Saturday, September 27, 2008

Presidential Debate

I was kind of bothered that Senator Obama continually referred to Senator Mccain as "John." I felt he was either doing it to push Mccain's buttons, try to make him angry, or he was doing it because he is so naive that he is not aware of proper protocol in such situations. Either way, it was off-putting to me...

Although this was kind of condescending and sarcastic, I had to laugh when Obama was talking about sitting down with the leader of Iran (I can't spell his name and don't want to look it up right now) and discussing his intentions with Israel. Mccain said something to the effect of, "So when A****jab says, 'we're going to wipe Israel off the map,' you'll say, 'no you won't.'" To me, it showed just how naive it is to say that you will meet with any leader without preconditions (of course, I think Obama recognizes that was a foolish thing to say at the time, and probably wouldn't meet with no preconditions if he becomes president). That zinger was to me, an important part of the debate. When a presidential candidate discusses a plan, it is sometimes good to imagine how that plan would materialize and if it sounds bizarre, it might not be a good idea.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Keira said...

It bugged me, too, that he kept saying "John." I thought it was extremely disrespectful, especially when McCain continued to refer to him as Sen. Obama. But he's an idiot, so what do you expect?

9/28/2008 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home