Sunday, September 30, 2007

Party...

I went to a friend's "end of summer" barbeque last night. I think I was the only married person there and I was sans wife because she was working. I made small talk with a few people, but mostly felt out of place. I tended the fire and ate a lot in the corner. It didn't help when one of the women to whom I was talking asked me, "Where's your wife?" as though I was flirting and she was reminding me of the ring on my finger. I decided to go back outside and tend the fire. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt she thought you were flirting. I was ask men where their wives are...

9/30/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

That's what you get for screwing around!

10/01/2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

Flirting = talking + touching. Just talking (without any of those sneaky arm touches and things) is not flirting. Maybe Kris is right, though, she may have just been curious, especially if she knows you.

But I agree. It's weird to hang out with a bunch of single people after you're married.

10/05/2007 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No arm touching or any touching...just talking... :) Dr.Psycho

10/08/2007 11:45 AM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

And if he was "flirting" he would not put it on here.... he knows his wife reads this!! (well, sometimes... and in my defense, if I did not have to work, I would have a day off every so often!!)

10/22/2007 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home