Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pushing Buttons...

I was at Costco ordering some prints from an SD card...The card reader was not working, and I wondered if my card was defective. I asked the lady behind me what type of card she had, and she showed it to me. I told her, "You have an SD card like me, see if you can get it to work." She proceeds to try and shove her SD card into various card reading slots on the computer. Finally, she inserted it into the SD card slot and went to work trying to push an XD card button. After watching her alternate between punching the SD button and the XD button about 10 times, I leaned over to her and pointed to the SD button and told her she had an SD card and would need to just push that button. She retorted, with a voice full of controlled anger, "Sir. I have been pushing that button and it wasn't working," and proceeded to push the XD button.

What I wished I had said..."Why don't you push the CF card button and see if that works for you..." or "Why don't you just try all the buttons and see if it magically starts working for you?"

Instead, I just ignored her rudeness and waited for another computer whose SD card reader was not broken...

What would you say to someone that said that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have let her go in line in front of me...
to begin with...
heehee

9/06/2007 12:19 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I should have said, "You're probably so rude because your husband doesn't know how to 'push the right button' either." :)

I was just trying to be helpful...

9/07/2007 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home