Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Liar liar pants on fire...

Well, today I drove home, pulled into the driveway with my lights off to see what was going on with the computer. I could see my son from the driveway on an online video game (which he is banned from because they download viruses/spyware and he was sneaking upstairs on school nights and playing them at 1 or 3 AM). He looked over his shoulder, saw me, shut down the window and acted like he was doing something else online.

I walked in and confronted him. He denied. I told him that I just saw it with my two eyes. He denied again. I asked him what the window was that I saw. He denied that there had been a window. I realized that he hadn't had time to erase the history and sent him to bed. I was able to do a search and realized he had been on Runescape (and when I looked at properties, it showed he had been on one minute before I walked in the door). When confronted again, he finally admitted it. He is so dishonest...he will never admit to any wrongdoing unless you have evidence to confront him...and sometimes then he will continue to lie.

I worry about his future if he never learns to be honest.