Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday...

First, I want to congratulate Officemax on their great website, and offering Post-Thanksgiving deals on Thanksgiving...I ordered many cheap SD cards (1GB for $12.50) for my camera and future MP3 players... That helped me beat the rush today...

We got up at 5:30 to go mingle with the masses in seeking out great deals. I purchased another SD card (you can never have too much memory), a 60 GB handheld external harddrive for $40, a $16 "SmartGlove" for my poor carpal tunnel afflicted hand, a $1.99 protractor for my son (math class), an $8 USB jumpdrive (1GB) for my wife, a leather executive chair for my desk for $49 as the other one was broken so badly, that you would almost tip over and fall on the floor if you leaned to one side or the other, and another expensive purchase that shall remain nameless for now...It was fun to get some good deals...

The worst place to shop today: Circuit City...They advertised 1GB SD Cards for $2.99, and 1GB jumpdrives for $3.99...Every man, woman, and child in the Provo/Orem area must have been crammed in that store. I went in and left after 4 or 5 minutes it was so bad. I don't care how good their deals are, it isn't worth standing in line for 3 hours.

The best place to shop today: Officemax...they allowed many purchases to be made via their website on Thanksgiving. Also, they didn't advertise cheap computer memory, so not very many people were crowding there. I was in and out within 5 minutes with a purchase.

Second best place to shop today: Staples...They had a lady walking up and down the lines, scanning purchases and giving plastic cards with the amount..then all you had to do was hand the card to the cashier and pay them...It made it move a bit faster.

I am tired after all that shopping (we did more that I won't detail on here)...Unfortunately, I have to work all night (11-7) and then all morning (7-3) tomorrow... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home