Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Almost Done...

I had my oral defense today at 10AM...I spent about 100 minutes explaining my dissertation via powerpoint and answering questions. Then I was asked to wait in the hall. Based on the questions, I was a bit discouraged thinking I would have to put a lot of time and energy into revisions. After about 10 minutes, the door opened, and Dr. Wells shook my hand and said, "Congratulations Dr. Houston!" I wasn't sure how to react. It was somewhat anticlimactic because some work still needs to be done, but not very much. I can have it done in 1 or 2 days of work. I then went to lunch with my wife and treated myself to three hours of fishing in freezing cold water...I even wet-waded. :) It feels good to almost be done....

5 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

Man, I wanted to be the first Dr. Houston. Just kidding, congratulations!

11/09/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Delirious said...

WOOT! A well deserved Congratulations!

11/09/2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

Does this mean you'll be changing your screen name to Psycho Doctor?

11/09/2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

Of course....

11/10/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Inklings said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are all excited for you here.

11/10/2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home