Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What a lovely day...

Well, today started by getting up at 6:40 to help my daughter get ready for school...I was dead tired because the night before I slept only 4 hours before driving 2 hours to Duchesne, working 12 hours testing kids in the wilderness, and driving 2 hours home...getting to bed around 12:30 AM...

Then I had to take my wife to the airport because she is going to be gone for 6 days for a family reunion/50th wedding anniversary.

I did waste about 2 hours taking my 2-year-old daughter to temple square and the new conference building and taking some pictures. Then came home to work on the report that was due today...I got most of it done, but work was interspersed with kids bugging me to do things for them, including running their friend home and helping with a driver's Ed test (ID parts of a car)...The girls had Young Women's at 6, and my son had a football game at 7:30, for which he left about 6. I was then trying to finish my report, get scores from Monday sent to the psychologist I was working for, trying to get the two youngest ready to go to the game, etc. I finally go to the game at halftime...then had to chase the littlest around because she kept trying to run off. I failed to mention that she peed in her training panties today, failed to bring me a diaper when I asked her to, and proceeded to defecate in the living room--four large turds!!! Before I could clean them up, our dog gobbled one of them up before I threw her outside. I got home around 9:30, then had to feed the hungry girls, then had to get them to bed, then had to get the youngest to bed 2 more times as she has learned to climb out of her crib, then finally finish the dang report by 12:30 AM....about 10 hours later than it should have been done.

then I got an email from my wife in Florida about a tearful phone call she had with the twins who feel that the Young Women leaders are spreading rumors about them and how the parents in the ward are spreading rumors about them and won't let their kids associate with them. I have a hard time feeling sympathetic as the twins have acted socially inappropriately for the past 7 years and always have people saying negative things about them...I just think this is the first place where it is getting back to them, instead of their parents telling them that people will think negatively of them for undercontrolled behavior and hyperactivity in church.

Yeah...it has been a great day...don't even ask me how much I got done on my dissertation....

1 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

How much did you get done on your dissertation?

(sorry, it had to be done)

9/20/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home