Friday, August 04, 2006

Do data problems ever end???

AS I am sitting here trying to get my dummy variables straight so I can use them to select and combine data, I am finding out that many of the parents did not answer the question on what sex they were....how irritating and frustrating...I can deduce which sex many of them are (for example maybe they did answer a question that said they are a mother or stepmother, etc., or the child might have answered questions on a mom, but not a dad (because dad is dead), but I am getting very frustrated with this entire data set. It is sloppy and unprofessionally put together. That will teach me to use someone else's data for a dissertation...at least if you do it yourself, you can do it right... :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

Or, if you do it wrong you have nobody else to blame ;-)

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble with this. Dummy variables and all that junk was one of my biggest weaknesses in stats. Well, that and actually comprehending everything.

8/05/2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I almost feel like just doing my own little method to determine who the primary caregiver was, and not telling anyone that parents left it blank...at least then I could quickly get it done. :)

8/06/2006 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home