Sunday, July 30, 2006

First is worst, second the same...

I was in Hollywood video last night getting a dvd for my kids. There were two cash registers and one line. Some bratty girl decided to start her own line even though there were about 8 people standing in the one line waiting on the two registers. I sat there getting more irritated and finally said to her, "There is one line for both registers." She turned around and said, "I know! I just started my own line!" to which the girl in front of me said, "What a bitch!" and she smugly replied, "I can be." When she was leaving I was kind of glaring at her and she and her friend began laughing. I can't believe there are people in this world that completely ignore social mores for their own selfish wants. I was irritated with the girl, but took some consolation in realizing that girls like her will probably end up in prison, or murdered by a white trash boyfriend sometime down the line. In the very least, if she continues to treat people rudely and ignore the social order she will have few, if any, close friends.

My second gripe from yesterday....the adults who when the freeway has a lane closed, feel like it is their right to fly past the mile of backed up traffic down the lane that is going to be closed, and scooting in at the last second. Since when is their time more valuable than mine? These are the adult versions of the little brats that cut in line in elementary school.

1 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

but took some consolation in realizing that girls like her will probably end up in prison, or murdered by a white trash boyfriend sometime down the line.

I love it!

7/31/2006 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home