Saturday, February 25, 2006

Seven Years in California...

My son is very similar to Brad Pitt's character in "Seven Years in Tibet." He went on a scout campout last night and fished today in a lake. He caught four fish and felt very badly that he had hooked one fish in the skull. However, he then shared a feeling that made me laugh inside. He said, "I just feel really bad for the bait. I mean they just sit there on the hook and die." Hopefully he won't turn into some worm liberator, going to bait shops with gun in hand, robbing the stores of live bait, and releasing the worms in the wild. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger ShootingStar said...

I don't think it would be so bad if your son turned out that way--well minus the gun anyway

3/01/2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

Yeah...and maybe he would treat ants better than I do too. :) He's a good kid.

3/01/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

That used to be a lot of fun frying those things with our magnifying glasses. Remember when Michael bought me one for Christmas, and you guys kept telling me it was something that could make noises with so that I'd think it was a harmonica instead? Then when I opened it you said, "See you can make noises with it. the ants will sizzle when you focus the sunlight on them."

3/04/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

Sizzle>??? it was more of a POP!... :)

3/05/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

don't let PETA see that, they will be lynching you for that one!!

3/08/2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger deputymomof6 said...

By the way, when I saw "seven years in california" I thought you were going to say that you feel like you have been there for seven years!!

3/08/2006 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home