Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jacob Davis & Margaret Pruner (5G grandparents)

5. Jacob Davis (John ) was born about 1758. He died before 8 Aug 1826 in Wythe County, Virginia. He was buried in St John's Graveyard, Wythe County, Virginia.

Wythe County, Virginia, Deed Book 2, page 146, February 1, 1802, John P Nye and Turner R Whitlock, on a treasury warrant dated December 31, 1801, enter 150 acres on the waters of Reed Creek adj oining the land of Airhart Zimmerman, Charles Zimmerman, Stophel Zimmerman and Philip Armbrister to include the plantation whereon Garnet (?) Smith now lives claimed by Jacob Davis.

Wythe County, Virginia, Wills - Written 13 Jun 1826, Probated 8 Aug 1826 - In the name of God amen, I Jacob Davis of the County of Wythe and Commonwealth of Virginia being weak in body but of a sound and disposing mind and understanding, considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of time thereof, and being desirous of steeling all my worldly affairs and _____ to the better prepared to leave this world, when it shall please God to call me home, do therefore make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form that is to say. First and principally I commit my soul into the hands of almighty God and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the discretion of my executor herein after named, and after my debts and funeral charges are paid, I devise and bequeath as follows. I give and bequeath to my well beloved wife Margaret the one third of the _____ Plantation or the one third of the rent thereof at her option during her natural life. Item to my son John Davis I give and devise the plantation commonly called and denominated the Moyer place and supposed by survey to contain 120 acres or thereabouts. Item to my son Joseph Davis I give and devise the plantation commonly called and denominated the Pruner place and estimated by survey to contain 130 acres or thereabouts. Item to my son William Davis I give and bequeath the one third of the two tracts above devised to my two sons to wit John & Joseph in this way they are respectively to pay him in properties the one third of what their Lands are valued at by two disinterested men chosen by themselves to be paid by them and to the said William within three years after my decease. Item I give and bequeath to the Heirs of Barbara Leidy who was intermarried with Abraham Leidy and who before her intermarriage with said Leidy had a child to a certain John casebolt by the name of John and had another by her husband, the said Abraham Leidy by the name of Uriah which both children I acknowledge as the heirs of the said Barbara. And to Elizabeth, my daughter married to Jacob Hounshell and Mary my daughter married to Robert Bridgeman and Anna who is single at this time. And the said John Davis and Joseph Davis to whom I have devised my lands shall pay to the heirs of my first named daughter Barbara heirs to wit John the child of Casebolt, Uriah the legitimate one and to Elizabeth my daughter married to Jacob Hounshell and to her heirs and to Mary my daughter married to Robert Bridgeman and to Anna my daughter yet single the one third of all my real and personal estate shall come to at valuation as the law directs to be equally divided by my Executor among the said daughters to be paid in five years after my death. Item I bequeath to my daughter Anna one feather bed, ____ ____ and cow and one cupboard now in the house. etc.

1810 Census of Wythe County, Virginia, p 828 - 10302-11111-11.

Jacob married Margaret Pruner.

They had the following children.

36MiJohn Davis.
37MiiWilliam Davis.
38MiiiJoseph Davis.
+39FivBarbara Davis.
40FvElizabeth Davis.
+41FviMary Davis.
42FviiAnna Davis.
How I am related to Jacob Davis

Jacob Davis
Robert Bridgeman--Mary Polly Davis
Mary Young Bridgeman
John Jones Allred
Joseph Parley Allred Sr.
Joseph Parley Allred Jr.
Darol and Beth
Janet
Me
Information taken from "Utah since Statehood, historical and biographical, Volume 4" by Noble Warrum
"At Shonesburg, Utah on the 11th of September 1873, Mr. Gifford was married to Miss Alice V. Allred, a daughter of John Jones and Mary Y. (Bridgeman) Allred, who were Utah pioneers and became early settlers of Sanpete County, while in 1863 they again cast in their lot with the pioneer residents of Dixie, settling on the Virgin River. Mr. Allred presided over the branch at Shonesburg and did considerable work in the church and Sunday school. In 1888 he removed to Hatch, Garfield county, and has now passed away. His daughter Alice, as was the custom in those early days, assisted in most of the farm work and owing to the fact that her father was a cripple did more than most girls, helping in the picking of cotton, in dairying and in other farm duties."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home