Saturday, January 30, 2010

Val

My boss from the OUT Program died today of cancer. I guess he has been battling it for some time. I was asked to fast for him the other day, so I figured things must be looking pretty bleak for him. He was (is) the most amazing person. He had a way of showing that he cared, but could also confront you on the darkest aspects of yourself and make you want to change for the better. We had the best time at the OUT Program and we would laugh so hard every day. We were stuck in this little tiny office...Val, Bethany, and I. I will miss Val--but honestly haven't talked to him in 5 years. I know he is in a better place because of the great life he led. I feel sorry for his children though. Their mother died of cancer about 7 years ago and now their father is gone too...I think one of his sons is only about 18. :(

I am looking forward to attending his funeral. I am sure the eulogies will be touching and spiritual...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Cancer sucks. I'm sorry that your friend died.

1/31/2010 8:24 AM  
Blogger Nene said...

I agree, cancer really does. I'm sorry your friend died too.

1/31/2010 10:15 AM  
Blogger Inklings said...

Me, too, a lot of people we care about have been battling that lately.

1/31/2010 1:16 PM  
Blogger Dee Ice Hole said...

They will one day find a cure for cancer and then we'll have to die from something else. I am sorry your friend died but can tell youfor sure he is in a better place.

1/31/2010 3:06 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

how sad, I'm sorry you lost him, he sounds like he was a good boss!

2/01/2010 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home