Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grandma's Funeral

Grandma's funeral went well. I wish I had taken a few more pictures of cousins, and also taken couples pictures of Uncles/Aunts...oh well...

I liked that Grandma's good friend spoke. She told so many nice stories about Grandma that I had never heard before. The viewing was nice, the funeral was nice, and so was the burial and luncheon.

Afterwards, we went to her home and picked a few mementos to remember her by...I took one of Grandpa's bolo ties ( I was on my mission when he died), one of Grandpa's wallets, one of Grandma's wallets, some script from the SUE, a cute lapel pin, a vintage typewriter, and a couple other small things like doilies she made...

I am dreading that all of the pictures will be destroyed, or divied up among cousins and lost...I would like to take the pictures, take pictures of them or scan them, and make the available to everyone via Flickr...

It was good to see my parents and a few cousins that I have not seen in 5-10 years...of course, Native Minnow made the comment to me that without Grandma there, we could very well never see some of our uncles/aunts again. We haven't been that close to them over the years, so I guess that is probably true.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

I bet if you asked, they would give you the pictures, or just loan them to you.

12/12/2009 11:49 PM  
Blogger Inklings said...

They are saving the pictures and finding a way to share them. Don't worry.

12/13/2009 8:20 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

I liked that her good friend spoke, too. I also liked that she did the alphabet, and shared some of the stubborn stories, too. :) lol I'll miss her!

12/13/2009 11:51 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

They are leaving the picture albums in the play room where Grandma kept them stored. I'm sure Uncle D would let you take them and scan them in. :)

12/13/2009 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/13/2009 10:16 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I bet if you told them you'd be willing to do that they would totally let you!

12/14/2009 7:14 AM  
Blogger ~Kris said...

You should ask him. We could all get together one day and help scan them all in. That would be awesome, and the originals could stay right there in the house!

12/15/2009 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home