Saturday, November 07, 2009

Worst Mom in the World

I had a little kid come in for testing who is 10 or 11. He has had some problems since moving here last year. He currently acts defiant, won't go to school, won't go to doctor appointments, refuses to do what his parents ask, etc. For some reason, I can tease him a bit and get him to come and do testing with me. I asked him how he was and he said his life sucked as usual. He proceeded to talk about how his mother was the worst mom in the world because she won't let him have fun. I challenged him on this and told him my wife was a sheriff's deputy and that there were WAY worse mothers in the world than his. I gave him a few child abuse cases that have been in the news lately and he wouldn't believe it. He said, "If a parent hates their child that much, they just put them up for adoption." :)

When he left, I challenged him to do what his mother asks the first time she asks and told him if he did he would find that very quickly she would become a nice mom... :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

I hope he does what you say. I sometimes wonder though if there are other things that make kids act that way. But I guess that is why you are the doctor. Hope you can find out some way and help him.

11/08/2009 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home