Thursday, July 02, 2009

My first fender-bender... :(

Yesterday, on the way home from work, I had my first fender-bender. I was driving, glanced over at the mountain, glanced back at the road and noticed brake lights ahead...started slowing, then realized they had stopped (traffic backs up a long way from the traffic light now). Slammed on my brakes, but it was too late. There wasn't another lane to swerve into, and my driver side light hit their passenger side bumper and knocked it off. Luckily I was only going 5 mph or so when I hit them and it didn't cause them any whiplash or deploy any airbags. What a rotten way to end the day. Since I hit them, my insurance is responsible to pay for the damages. Now our insurance will go up. I was so angry and upset with myself--and still am. Then to top it all off, I went to play basketball to let off some steam and at the end of the night got tripped as I was going to run after another player. I fell facefirst into his heel coming up as he was running. It caught me right under the chin and left a gash about an eighth or quarter inch deep and about a half inch long. It was bleeding. I also chipped one of my back molars... I thought it would need stitches, but was able to put some bandaids to hold it together last night. It looks like it is starting to heal fine. That is all I needed at the end of a rotten day was an ER bill...glad I didn't need stitches.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

I'm sorry, what a bummer!

7/03/2009 3:54 AM  
Blogger Inklings said...

I'm sorry, too.

7/03/2009 9:10 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

I'm sorry, that sucks!

7/04/2009 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

It shouldn't go up too much for a first time accident.

7/07/2009 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home