Friday, November 14, 2008

New Tradition...

So, A*** turned 8 yesterday. I felt bad because both my wife and I had to work late. I hadn't made her a cake, so on the way home, I picked up an entire boxful of assorted doughnuts and chocolate ice cream. I took it home, put 8 candles in between the doughnuts and we sang happy birthday. :) A*** loved it. And the doughnuts actually get eaten the next day unlike cake which usually goes to waste.

For breakfast, I did get up and make her french toast. I took a big cookie cutter in the shape of a heart and cut a heart out of the toast. She thought that was neat too. :)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

What a nice dad you are!

11/14/2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger Delirious said...

awww..how cute.

11/14/2008 2:17 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Birthday cake IS overrated...I'd rather just have fruit pizza. lol

11/14/2008 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum...me too...Fruit pizza is my favorite

11/15/2008 9:23 AM  
Blogger ~Kris said...

She'll be all, "When I was little, I never even GOT birthday cake. My Dad just grabbed a handful of doughnuts and put candles on it."

:)

11/16/2008 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home