Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Let it snow...

We woke up this morning to a huge snowstorm. It took me 40 minutes to drive from my house to the freeway. Then another 40 minutes to get to Salt Lake for my appointment. I called ahead to let them know I would be late. When I got there, the person I was supposed to test couldn't be located for over 30 minutes...She finally came out with her kids, took one to daycare, but the older one wasn't able to go to daycare because she had not gotten him over there soon enough. So instead, he sat during the entire testing period wandering off, interrupting, being loud, etc. The woman suffers from developmental disabilities so she has a hard enough time answering questions, but it was even worse with the distractions.

While there, I overheard a conversation an African-American woman was having with someone about Barack Obama's win. Although she lives in Salt Lake, she is still registered in New York City. She didn't have much money, but still scraped enough money together to fly to New York, go vote, and come home. I thought that was true devotion to Obama's cause. He definitely was able to energize and inspire his base. Again, I hope he is able to come through and deliver on the economy and alternate energy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

wow you would think taking a few minutes out on the internet to re-register might have been the easier way to go LOL

11/06/2008 8:17 AM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

Except she probably felt strongly enough about it that she wanted her vote to count, and knew that it wouldn't in one of the most conservative states in the country.

11/08/2008 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home