Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Oh well...

I am disappointed that John McCain didn't win, though I really didn't expect him to. I just hope that Obama can live up to the promises he made and that he wasn't just pandering to the public to get elected. I recognize that this is an historic election, especially given that an African-American was voted into the top office of the land. I just wish it were a man who had given more service to his country, who had a longer political record to judge him by, and who wasn't such an 'unknown factor.' From what I have observed, Obama is a good man with good intentions, but what is scary to me is that no one really knows where he stands on issues. All we know is what he has told us about himself.

One thing that has always bothered me in life is a person who takes leadership upon him/herself and decides that he/she is the person for the job--especially when that person has little to no experience. I feel that this is what Obama did in this election. He went from being a virtual unknown a few years ago to leading the free world. It would be like some random guy deciding one day that he wanted to be president and within 3 years it becoming a reality. I guess in reality, it is the American people that supported him in his decision and who chose him to be their next president, but it still bothers me that he is just some random guy who decided he should be president and now he is...

I hope he is really up for the challenge and that the hope and change he promised to America do come to fruition...otherwise the electorate will be very disillusioned...

Oh, and NativeMinnow, I heard Obama is going to cancel all research on fruitflies... :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

I completely agree with this post...it's everything that I have thought throughout the whole thing. I think he's in for a surprise being President, though. It will be interesting to see him try to turn talk into action. Only time will tell...

11/05/2008 7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope he is successful though...I would definitely hate the next four years if he isn't up to the task...

11/05/2008 1:26 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

ditto. I had to laugh when people talked about the inexperience of Palin - at least she did something as a governor. I don't think anyone was able to cite any legislation, any idea etc spearheaded by Obama during his brief period as a senator. We really have no idea what he stands for, other than what he says he stands for. I just hope his tax plan doesn't go through!

11/12/2008 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home