Friday, April 27, 2007

I missed my chance to walk...

No, based on the title of this blog, I am not a quadrapelegic that couldn't get stem cell treatment in the USA, thereby not being able to walk...but I did forget to order my cap and gown and did not get to walk in the convocation exercises today. I dropped by the Marriot Center and saw two other Psychology Ph.D. students that were walking, but I didn't get to join them. I kind of felt bad for being a slacker and not ordering my cap and gown because I went through 6 1/2 years of hell to get that degree...and the most exciting thing that happened related to getting the degree was receiving it in the mail... :) (To be fair, when I graduated my parents sent some money, my grandmother sent some money, and I think my wife took me out to dinner...but it seems like something like graduating with a PhD should end in some type of pomp and ceremony).

2 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

I didn't walk when I finished my masters because I figured I was just enrolling in another program so nothing really changed. I'll definitely want to walk when I finish the Ph D. I'm sorry you missed it. It seems like it would be an appropriate way to get closure ;-)

4/28/2007 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, unless I receive an invitation inviting myself to attend such graduation...
No gifts.
Sorry...
:)
I am proud of you, though. You have worked hard. It was good seeing you guys yesterday, and solitifying myself as favorite aunt for a little bit.

4/29/2007 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home