Thursday, December 14, 2006

Overdone...

Well, I went to work out for the first time in almost 2 years. I decided to "take it easy" in order to ease back into it. I got a basketball and was shooting around, running after missed shots, etc. I could feel my heart rate increasing, and it was just the right level of strenuousness...

Then the young teenagers showed up...we played a game. Initially I was on the team with 4 players and they had 5. It is hard to defend 5 guys with only 4, and it is next to impossible to drive the lane with 3 defenders sitting under the basket for the rebound...I ended up playing for nearly an hour and forty-five minutes...so much for easing back into it. I was pretty sore last night, I am a little sore today, but I know from experience that tomorrow will likely be the worst. :) If I am able to get out of bed tomorrow, I might blog again...

1 Comments:

Blogger Native Minnow said...

I went and played a little basketball today. It hadn't been as long for me as it was for you, but it was still about a month. We played 2 on 2, and the friend that I usually play with were on a team against a foreigner who doesn't understand all the rules, and a guy who hadn't played in probably six months. We still lost. Talk about a drop in self-esteem.

(by the way, I can comment now)

12/15/2006 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home