Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ho, Ho, Freakin' Ho...

I was talking to my brother, NM, today about how much I dislike Christmas nowadays...I like to get together with my family when I can, but I just hate all of the rush of getting ready for Christmas, the decorating, the baking, and even the opening of the presents. I think having kids that are generally ungrateful for the things they receive, even when they receive more Christmas than any other kids I have ever known, has taken away the joy of Christmas. My kids get presents from us (parents), my parents, my father-in-law, my mother-in-law, my brother/sister-in-law, one of my siblings that draws out our family, their great grandma on my wife's side, their biological grandma/grandpa, their biological great-grandma (on ex-husband's side), my grandparents, etc... Some years it has been wall-to-wall presents. They they just tear into them, don't take notice of who gave them what, and often act disappointed that there isn't more...at least one of our kids is young enough to still be grateful for anything she receives...I will try to gain back some Christmas Cheer from her tomorrow morning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home