Sunday, October 15, 2006

We're all together again...

My parents and 3 of my 4 sisters came to Cabela's yesterday to buy my Dad a birthday present (at least I think it was a bday present). Anyhow, it was good to see everyone. We hung out in the store for about an hour or an hour and a half, then came to my house for a while. I am not much of an entertainer, but I enjoy having my family around and catching up with everyone. Then we went to DI and my sister picked up a few books for her English class. Then my parents took us all out to IHOP. It was fun.

I think the highlight of the evening was when my 2nd oldest sister told a story about how her husband was being a smart ass when she was talking to her older sister on the phone. He kept saying things like, "Who are you talking to? You need to get in there and make my dinner!" K told S, "Make him a dogshit sandwich!" or something to that effect. So with the constant cheerleading of K, and despite feeling that she was going to throw up, she went outside with two slices of bread, picked up a piece of dog crap between it, and gave it to him. She said if she had realized that he was going to tell everyone, she would have added garnishes! :) I laughed so hard it made my underused smile muscles ache a little bit.

Also, I think I hurt my Dad's feelings with a comment, so if he reads this, sorry for what I said...

Oh, and thanks again for dinner...it was fun...and delicious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home