Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shooting Deaths...

So, Miranda came in at 7:30 bawling her eyes out because she had a dream that Melissa was killed by a bad man. I told her that her mom was right over there and not dead. She told me about the pink coffin and the picture of Melissa on top of it and how Melissa looked so pretty in her grave. Kind of a creepy dream.

Well, 2 nights ago, I had a dream 2X of a school shooting. I was stuck in an office in the school trying to find somewhere to hide but I knew if I hid I would be found and shot. I must have woken up or something, because then I had the dream a second time and this time knew I had to escape. I broke a window and me and another person crawled out and ran away from the school....worried that we might get shot in the back.

So then Melissa says she dreamed last night that she was with coworkers at a icecream shop (or something like that) and a guy with a Tommy gun approached her. She tried to hide behind a small protrusion from the wall. Her friend told her to turn the other way or the tommy guy would shoot her in the back and paralyze her. The guy with the Tommy Gun then shot her friend 2X in the shoulder just as her other two co-workers returned fire and killed him.

So, I guess we must all have guns on the mind. Hopefully none of us are prophetic...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

Maybe this is to prepare you. I have been reading a book about survival, and the author talks about how usually there is a high chance of survival, but because people are frozen with fear, or indecision, they don't react. Maybe now, if something does happen, you will be in a mindset to react. But I also hope they aren't prophetic. But wow...the pink coffin...the detail of that dream is scary.

3/30/2010 5:13 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Did she watch the news last night? I wonder if she saw them talking about that group that was planning on killing police officers. Dreams are weird, I'm sorry!

3/30/2010 6:10 PM  
Blogger PsychDoctor said...

I made her laugh about the dream and told her she could have turned it into a funny dream by having her mom pop out of the coffin and saying. Just kidding!!!

3/30/2010 10:03 PM  
Blogger Nene said...

Here's a question for you: Amber reads books about dream interpretation all the time. Since you are a PsychDoctor, do you as a doctor think dreams and dream interpretations are relevant?

3/31/2010 1:56 AM  
Blogger Inklings said...

Creepy! Have you been watching any violent movies?

3/31/2010 7:47 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

okay, like mom said I read a lot of dream interpretation books, I think maybe these could all be stress dreams, is something stressing or pressuring you as a family and your relationship with each other and yourselves? Sometimes dreams of dying or being killed mean that your relationship with that person is changing, or it could mean that something in your life is "killing you" or killing your spirit. Just a thought - p.s. if you want to check some of the symbolism dreammoods.com is a great dream dictionary site

3/31/2010 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home