Saturday, January 03, 2009

Embarrassing moments...

So, I got a turkey blind for XMAS from my father-in-law. I have wanted one so that I can get closer to wildlife and birds when I am taking photos. I busted it out today to see if I could get some pictures of all the pine siskens (birds) that were attacking my new thistle-seed bird feeder. So I set it out on the porch and was sitting in it taking pictures. All of a sudden, I see some teenage boys pull into the driveway. I was immediately embarrassed to be in a blind on the porch. I quickly shifted it over away from the door and hoped they wouldn't see me in it. As they approached they made a comment about it being cool that there was a tent on the porch. They rang the doorbell, and I was still hoping they wouldn't see me inside. All of a sudden, Abby pops out and says, "Here's your phone, Dad." So, I had to reach out of the blind in front of them and take it. "Thanks," I said, not actually meaning it. Abby kept wanting to talk, and I told her to go in. The boys went in too. Then I hear people congregating to the window repeated times, and the laughter of the twins mocking me.

On the bright side, I did get some nice close ups of the birds...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Kris said...

I want to see a picture of you in it. :)

1/04/2009 10:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Logic said...

Me, too! lol

1/05/2009 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home