Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Employment Woes...and Hope....

I have been having employment difficulties again. Apparently, the umbrella of businesses I work for is now the target of a class action suit and an internet smear campaign by a competitor. They are getting a lot of bad press, and the number of admissions has been rapidly declining. That means there are less kids to test, and I have not worked there in 3 weeks. I thought he would have work for me today, but he didn't. So, now I am in the process of looking for another part-time to full-time job. I am sure things will even out at the other place, but I can't rely on an income that is there some months, and dried up the next. I need something a little more stable up here, and maybe I can work 2 weeks a month down there.

So, I have spent all week changing sprinklers and calling every Salt Lake City, Utah psychologist listed in the aol.com directory. That is several hundred psychologists. Since psychologists are generally with clients, I have left several hundred voicemails as well...Luckily, things are looking up. I had one man call back and he has an office about 5 minutes away, and another office 30 minutes away. He wants me to meet with him tomorrow at 9AM and I might be able to start working right away. That would be a Godsend...I would get paid 50% of whatever money they make off of my services. Hopefully, there won't be a lot of non-paying clientele on my caseload. I also got two other call-backs, one man might have some work, and the other is hiring, but wants me to check out his website to see if I think I am a good match for his Christian counseling service. So, wish me luck and keep me in your prayers so I can find a bit more stability in life...and my poor wife can be home more and not have to work so much overtime... :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do wish you luck.

5/23/2007 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home